It’s been months since I lasted posted, but in sharing my recent post the other day I was reminded why I like sharing my writing. I think it’s important for people to see things in a different perspective than how they usually see them. I don’t know if my writing will ever make a difference or impact people, but I think it’s the chance that it could affect someone that makes me want to share.
Anyways, after sharing my last post, I found out I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I was very surprised. At first, I thought it was a joke or spam, but then I noticed it was actually real, and I was like “wuuut, how? why me? no one even reads this thing but my mom and my friends”. Well, apparently it’s a real deal. A big thank you to Not Your Average Mom Blog at https://notyouraveragemomblogweb.wordpress.com/home/ for this nomination, you made me realize that it is important to keep sharing because you never know who you are reaching.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award serves to bring new bloggers some recognition as well as some well-needed motivation. This blogging community is brought closer each year through this award which enables us to support each other. More information can be found here.
Here are the rules (copied from The Global Aussie):
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and posts a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Don’t forget to create 11 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, follow this link and leave a comment linking your post.
I’ll start with 10 facts about myself:
- I have one ‘good’ eye.
- I am a very picky eater.
- I love tennis shoes (I can never have enough).
- When I watch things on a TV the volume has to be set to a multiple of five.
- I have two (dog) brothers and one (human) younger sister. lol
- I am 21 years old.
- My favorite number is 21.
- I love driving fast.
- I have a very existential way of thinking sometimes.
Here are a few words about my favorite blogger:
Honestly, I don’t have a favorite blogger at this moment in time. I’m new to this whole WordPress thing and finding new websites/blogs is somewhat challenging, because I don’t really know where to look. I guess my favorite blogger is to be determined (hopefully soon).
Here are the questions by Not Your Average Mom Blog:
- Why do you write? To get all of my thoughts organized out of my head. It makes it easier to see everything laid out in front of me, and not all jumbled in my head.
- What makes you unique? Good question, but I can’t really answer that for myself. Hmm, I don’t know I think everyone is unique in their own way, because we all do everything differently.
- What inspires you to be a better writer? Knowing I can get better makes me want to be better.
- What makes you happy? That feeling of complete serenity– the one where it feels like nothing can go wrong and you are on top of the world. But also, friends and family, they know who they are 🙂
- Which one of your posts is your favorite and why? My favorite (out of the 4 I’ve posted) is probably the one I wrote about Camp Longhorn. That place will always be near and dear to my heart and I was excited to share that part of me.
- How old were you when you first started writing for pleasure? I don’t really know actually. I’ve always written stuff down since I was like in elementary school in random books and journals, but nothing collective until about 3 years ago.
- What is your biggest dream? still on the look out for this one…
- What do you want your future to look like? if anyone knows me at all I don’t like to plan ahead or think about the future, so I’m gonna skip this one
- Why is it important to you to share your writing? I want others to be open to seeing a new perspective to then what they are used to. I want them to think about why things are the way they are, and understand the value and meaning in that.
- If you didn’t spend your time writing, what would you be doing instead? Right now, I should be doing school work soooo probably that haha
- Who inspires you the most? The people I’m surrounded by, I think anyone can be an inspiration.
Those were all the questions. Thank you once again, Not Your Average Mom Blog for nominating me!
Here are my nominees:
To my fellow nominees, if you choose to accept this nomination, here are your questions:
- Who are you?
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Who do you most admire in life?
- What are you most afraid of?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What age do you feel right now and why?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What’s the most important thing to you?
- What do you believe in?
- What do you think about when you are by yourself?
Please keep in mind that you have until Christmas to write your acceptance post, following the above-mentioned rules.